Labour Market Information
What is Labour Market Information (LMI)?
Labour Market (job market) information tells you about the current work and job environments in specific regions.
It includes information about specific companies, industries and occupations. Labour marker information is information you need to make an informed decision about your future.
- Details about different types of work and learning opportunities
- Data on current employment conditions
- Forecasts for future employment growth and conditions
Why do we need LMI?
- To identify future trends- which types of businesses are doing well of failing (growth areas)
- To provide information about job vacancies
- To inform of the location of job vacancies - Local, Regional and National
- To tell us about the types of vacancies - part-time, full-time, temporary, seasonal or permanent
- To clarify the skills and qualifications required by employers including skills gaps
- To predict wage rates